New
Find
Notify
Tools

WC 820 Loads
 Login/Join

<Maj Dad>
posted
Does anyone have experience with the current supply of WC 820 as sold by Pat McDonald (www.patsreloading.com)? I understand it is very similar to H110; I'm wondering it is made by Primex, the company that makes 110 and 296 for Hodgdon and Winchester? I bought it primarily for 30 carbine, but it looks like it should be ideal for the 357, 44 etc. Jeff Bartlett recommends 14 gr for the new mfg stuff, 13.5 for his batch of pulldown and I'm guessing that's about par for Pat's.
One other question: when working up loads for this powder, given that 110 and 296 loads aren't supposed to be reduced (3% o.k for 110 according to Hodgdon), it sounds like there isn't much margin for error. Anyone have suggestions/thoughts?

Thanks!

------------------
Illegitimi non carborundum...

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used a bunch, not sure of the supplier. I believe it was made by Olin for the .30 carb. and that it is the original source of H110. The last batch I bought matches my last can of H110 to within a few fps in my .44 mag. It works anyplace that H110/W296 work. It does not work well for reduced loads.
C.G.B.

Posts: 238 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 05 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it would work in the .22 Hornet. Anybody have any experience?

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote