New
Find
Notify
Tools

180 accubonds and H 1000
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone have a load for the 300 win and 180 Accubond using H 1000? I read on the Hodgon web site that the max for 180 gr bullets is 81 gr of H 1000. What would be a good starting point? Thanks

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Juggernaut76
posted Hide Post
I started with 78.0 grains of H1000 under a 180 grain Ballistic Tip. Cannot recall velocity, but the accuracy was so good I stopped right there. It did seem, however, to be a pretty mild load.

Praise be to the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Posts: 427 | Location: Clarkston, MI | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
With my lot of H1000 and 81.0 with the accubond I got real good groups. The velocity was near the top at about 3075. You should still work up if possible. You might just find that a slightly milder load becomes a tack driver. In my personal 300 win mag it really seems to like any size bullet that's doing about 2900 fps better than anything else. One good thing about H1000 is it seems real consistant from lot to lot unlike what seems to be happening with so many other powders lately.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds good guys. I think I will start with the 78 gr and go from there Thanks

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote