New
Find
Notify
Tools

600 Rem Mag to 300 WSM
 Login/Join

<Cazador>
posted
I've got a 600 Rem Mag action and don't know whether to build a 350 Rem Mag or one of those new 300 Winchester Short Magnums. Help me out guys, I could really use your input on this one.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Cazador.
It depens on what you wan't in performance.
I belive the 350 rem. has more "stopping power" on short to medium range.
But they all talk about the extreme good accuracy in the .300 WSM so i don't now??
Not that i suggest there is bad accuracy in the .350!!!

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let me help you out..sell it to me!

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I think the new 300WSM will be a winner for some time to come, unlike the ULMs from Remington. It only makes sence to me, that a 300 mag has been needed for some time that could be used in a short action. The 350 Rem Mag is a fine cartridge, but unless you get a longer action, the bullets cannot be loaded out where they belong, so as to not interfere with powder capacity. The factory 300 WSM is so fat that the powder capacity is there with out haveing to load deep, and the OAL will work through the shortest of centerfire actions, of 308 length. The 350 Rem Mag works better in a standard length action like a 98 Mauser, or Mod 70, so the bullets can be loaded out where Rem should have loaded them to start with.
The little 600 actions are strong, but are push feed, if that makes a difference to you.

------------------
..Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY DESIGNS
Collector/trader of fine double rifles, and African wildlife art

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Cazador>
posted
Thanks for the input friends. From what I've read here it only makes sense to try out the 300 WSM. And sorry DB. I wouldn't just be selling you an action but I would be selling the anticipation of building a new rifle, and that in itself is priceless.

one of us
posted Hide Post
DB Bill I know where there is a 600 in .243(I think??)for sale! If seriously interested I can contact the shop and get info for you.

Mike
michaelg38@prodigy.net

------------------
Victory through superior firepower!

Posts: 324 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote