New
Find
Notify
Tools

223 brass w/o flash hole
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have about 130 rounds of 223 brass with LC and 69 on the head stamp without flash holes drilled. I have a couple cases of 6BR Remington with out the flash holes drilled, but we used to do it looking for more accuracy. Didn't help. I'm sure that may be the reason for this.
Any ideas?

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes, they are made for bench resters, and as you say, they want to drill their own holes, instead of using the standard brass which has punched holes.
Now, obviously the LC69 was not made for bench resters; there is some other reason that this Viet Nam era brass did not get the holes punched.
It was made for dummies, possibly, and might be rejects for some reason, maybe due to, no flash holes.
I would not use them.

Posts: 17192 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I too have no idea what they are for but I know if they were mine I would put them in the brass recycle pile and move on. .223 brass and the like are available by the buckets for the picking up.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
I too have no idea what they are for but I know if they were mine I would put them in the brass recycle pile and move on. .223 brass and the like are available by the buckets for the picking up.

I guess that was not my question. Yes, I have a few thousand pieces of new brass including 900 rounds of Lapua.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hang on to them, surely they will become very collectable! and bring big bucks..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42015 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote