Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dillon 357 Sig dies
 Login/Join

posted
Hey everybody. I have a Dillon 550 press.

Previously I've reloaded 357 Sig rounds using a RCBS single stage press. But now with the new 550, this will be my first attempt. 357 Sig Dillon dies are $150 which I don't mind spending. But I'm not sure why they're so much more expensive. I have their 9mm and 40 S&W dies, could I combine the sets the make 357 Sig dies?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you don't need to use dillon dies

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of onespeedbiker
posted Hide Post
The point of the Dillon 357sig sizing die and $150 price tag) is it contains a 40 S&W carbide ring for the body, and a steel portion to size the neck. However, since Dillon wants you to use case lube anyway, I don't see the advantage or reasoning for paying the big bucks. I have a LEE steel 357 sig die set and bought a Lee 40 S&W carbide die. I decap and resize the body with the carbide 40 S&W die and then come back with the 357 sig die to size the neck, something that does not require lube. BTW, I had problems with the RCBS 357 sig dies, as they are designed for the case to headspace on the lip, not the shoulder; the end result was the body of the case, shoulder to rim, stretched enough so they would eventually not load.

posted Hide Post
Cool, and thanks. I have Lee dies, I should probably save my money and just use them.