New
Find
Notify
Tools

Availability of Large Rifle Match Primers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Guys looking for LR Match Primers preferably Federal. Having a very hard time locally (NJ) and on the major online stores. Any intelligence on availability in the tri-state (NY/NJ/PA)or anywhere else in the country would be most helpful.

Posts: 172 | Location: Jackson, New Jersey | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
Pricy, but.Midway has regular, be/match, and magnum in stock.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its available now at most stores...I have never been able to see any advantage to match primers in Federal primers, the regular 210s have always shot as well for me.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to agree. I've made side by side test using small rifle primers and match primers of several brands. Also with large rifle primers and match large rifle primers. I haven't seen any difference and would never think to use a match primer in a hunting load.
However, if you're shooting competition, the match primers may give you a warm, fuzzy feeling that could be the difference between winning and not.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've heard that match primers are harder. Maybe true, maybe not. I guess that might be advantageous if one has excess firing pin protrusion or is pushing the pressure envelope.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote