New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hodgdon Titegroup Powder
 Login/Join

<Powderman>
posted
Anyone else have experience with this stuff?

I bought some, and am using 4.5 under a 200 grain LSWC. Accuracy at 25 yards is great, and it seems to be clean. What do you think?

------------------
Happiness is a 200 yard bughole.

<GoWyo!>
posted
Howdy Powderman, yes, I'm using it in my USP and new Kimber Eclipse, I've even been using it in my 629 5". In .45 ACP I've tried 4.8 and 5.0 grs. under Precision 200 gr. LSWC and the same under Precision 230 gr. LRN. The latter are hot loads at @ 880 FPS and 950 fps respectively. The label on the powder jug maxes at 4.8 grs. Hornady goes to 5.3 grs. under a 230 gr. lead RN. The 5.0/230 load had the smallest SD of any load I've ever fired..Rifle or Pistol. Yep, I like it. Gary

<Powderman>
posted
Thanks for the load data. Have you tried it with an FMJ yet?

------------------
Happiness is a 200 yard bughole.

<GoWyo!>
posted
I tried some plated West Coast 200 grainers, but I had a poor outcome as I seated them too far out and they didn't feed at all. Other than that, I've tried some 185 JHP sierras over 5.2 grs. but I haven't chronyed those. Accurate thru the Kimber.

one of us
Picture of Dino32HR
posted Hide Post
YES ! I use it in my 32 H&R magnum Thompson Contender. Sweet stuff. 3.0 grains for a 100 gr. SWCFB hard-cast bullet. ~ 1050 fps. 1" groups @ 50 yards. Better results than I've gotten with AA-7.

Relatively clean, seen worse though. Hard to get exact, repeatable drops, all within 0.1 gr with my Lee ProAutoDisk measure, but that is not too uncommon with this powder form in this low a drop.

Good shootin',
Dino

Posts: 243 | Location: Northeast OH | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
<danev2>
posted
I too use it on my 44 mag and 44 spl loads
The mag get 10.0 grain under a 240 gr Oregon Trail bullet. I chrony'd that load a few weeks ago. WOW 1300 fps!!!
Yes I double checked, actually I shot 30 rounds through the chrony. It was outside and it was cold 30 deg.
But the stuff's clean and meters well.
Lastly like they say a little goes a long way and it's inexpensive.

Hope it all helps

D

one of us
Picture of Vibe
posted Hide Post
I've used Bullseye, AA Nitro 100, and Olin 231 with good results in the little wildcat I have. (25ACP necked to 22) The 231 gives the fastest MV of 1850fps with the 35gr V-Max. I've thought of trying some TiteGroup but haven't been able to find a sample to test yet. Do you think it would duplicate the AA Nitro 100 (1750fps) or would it be a surprise (like HiSkor 700x was..only 1435fps same as Clays) Unique yeilded 1262fps and 800x was only 900 fps, Blue Dot however went to 1304fps.
This from a 22" barreled Romainian 22lr Trainer.

Posts: 211 | Location: Little Rock, AR. USA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used it in a 6" S&W 629 when shooting IHMSA "Standing Field Pistol" competetion. It pushed a 200gr cast bullet at just over 1000fps. It had a very mild recoil and was very accurate.

------------------
J.W.
Hero of the Hapless
Master of the Obvious

Posts: 322 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote