New
Find
Notify
Tools

270 weatherby loads.......
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
a while back i inquired about the 270 weatherby and got a few replys about some handloads that were 130 grain bullets, in the 3400 to 3500 fps range. those who replied could you post your loads , i just purchased a mark v synthetic and will be working up some handloads for it. i thank you in advance for some starting points. mark

Posts: 485 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 17 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can not help with the 130 grain bullets,but I got one that shoots 140 grain BarnesX real well with 73 grains of H1000.

Posts: 507 | Location: Rogersville ,tn,usa | Registered: 06 August 2001Reply With Quote
<Don Krakenberger>
posted
MY wby was a pretty average shooter till I tried some 140 grain swift a frames. For my gun, right around 72 grains of i 7828 with that bullet does right around 3300 using rem 7mm wby brass necked down. Be careful--work up to the load--that rem brass has less case capacity if used in lieu of wby or norma. That load will give me 3" groups at 300 yds--that's about as good as I can shoot as an occasional shooter. ALSO--I have been able to slow that bullet down to about 3000 fps with no loss of accuracy for our Wisconsin whitetail.