Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 300 WSM Standard or Mag Primers?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of HiWall
posted
I use standard also, for the same reasons as Brad.

Posts: 323 | Location: Back Home in Aus. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I did a little researched on this forum and asked the question. I would have started with a mag primer, but will start off with standard primers. This is sure a great place to get info!

By the way Brad...I got the Kimber 8400. I ended up going with the Kimber bases. I'm not a big fan of the windage screw system, so hopefully someone will come out with a Weaver style in the future.

Thanks again
Jeff

Posts: 178 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 07 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't speak from first hand experience, but a 300 WSM enthusiast that posts at longrangehunting.com states "use 210M primers for the 300WSM".

Posts: 395 | Location: Tremonton, UT | Registered: 20 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Use whichever the load data you are following did. I have used the WLRM primer exclusively with 4895 (reduced loads), Varget, H414, H4350, H4831SC, Magpro, and VN560 and never had a problem. All of these listed mag primers, and since the powder charge is somewhere between the 300H-H and 300Win (both of which are typically loaded with mag primers) I feel very comfortable recommending them as a starting point.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote