Recalled Accurate Powders
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 356 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 16 April 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info!

Oh great! Just when most all powders are like unicorns or bigfoot, we have to send powder back.

Lucky for me I have none of that stuff and plenty of what I use in several cartridges.

Zeke

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Thanks man! tu2 I've passed this on to a big reloading friend of mine who isn't on AR. Appreciate the heads up! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had some of the Accurate 4064 that was recalled.It was fine,shot really good groups with it,but when it went bad,it went back quickly.They paid me for the powder I had.I noticed the container was sweating near the lid.When I opened it a yellow cloud came out and the liquid on the container burned my skin.I dumped all of it on the ground and watered it down.I broke down all the ammo I had loaded with it and the powder looked fine.I had shot some just about a month before.About a month later I was at the range and I found a few I had missed.I was going to just shoot them to get rid of them.I shot one and the case had really high pressure signs,ejector mark and smeared headstamp.If you have any,contact Western Powder and follow their instruction.The powder I had was made in Canada.

Posts: 359 | Location: Corpus Christi,Texas | Registered: 19 April 2004Reply With Quote