New
Find
Notify
Tools

257 roberts and 117 gr bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a 257 Roberts and was going to reload some 117 gr. Spitzer Boattail Sierra's tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had reloading data on them I have never reloaded any Sierra's before so have never bought the book I have Nosler, Hornady, and Barnes however and was wondering if I can't get any info could I just cross reference to a 117gr. Spitzer in another manufacturer

Picture of barefootarkie
posted Hide Post

...read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and I learned much from both of their styles. (J.B.)

Posts: 51 | Location: Redfield,Ar | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of barefootarkie
posted Hide Post

...read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and I learned much from both of their styles. (J.B.)

Posts: 51 | Location: Redfield,Ar | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of barefootarkie
posted Hide Post
Let me try one more time!!

ttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/barefootarkie/257rbtssierra.jpg

Picture of barefootarkie
posted Hide Post
Take the link posted in the previous reply, copt and paste it into yor address bar and hit enter. It is a scanned copy of Sierra's 257r 117gr reloading data. Jimmy

Picture of barefootarkie
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much that is exactly what I was looking for. I greatly appreciate your help.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with IMR 4064 and 117gr Sierra SPBT in my 257.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
beer I have had very good luck with h4895 it also works well on the 100gr. which for that gun is the best round I think. If you wunt to swich it up a bit swich to h380 Like I have said I like h4895 cause I can load more then one gun, hey have a great day

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have ~50 load books.
I don't use them anymore.
I use Quickload for a starting point.
I work up my own loads.
I work up to trouble.
Then I back off a safety margin.
Then I look for accuracy.

My best loads often look the same as the Sierra load book.

Maybe I could skip a few stepsSmiler

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I work up my own loads.
I work up to trouble.
Then I back off a safety margin.
Then I look for accuracy.

My best loads often look the same as the Sierra load book.

That is interesting! Both the finding of the 'safety margin' AND that your best loads look like Sierra's. Shows both parties are doing a good job! Smiler

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote