Find
Notify
Tools

New Lee Classic Cast Turret
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.leeprecision.com/html/catalog/turretpress.html#ClassicTurretPress

I just saw notice of this new big boy. Looks like Midway will handle it soon. Could be just the ticket for big cases with more versatitily than the conventional single stage. Any down sides to using a turret? bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Turret fit to the frame is probably the only issue. My 25 year old Lee turret is getting loose there.

This new one is interesting as it is a lot sturdier looking. The press sells for $120 and the whole reloading kit is less than $12 more.

Sharpshooter Supply used to make a similar press under license from Lee that used the same turrets that was built like that with a lock for the turret position.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Frank, what I've heard is that they addressed the turret slop issue in the new upgrade. I HAD one of the recent 4 hole turrets for almost a year. I upgraded to a dillon 650, so I sold it to a friend. It's still going strong loading his IPSC loads. I never worried about the minute deflection of the turret during sizeing or seating, when the turret was under up pressure. I was always going to set up my dial indicator to measure just how much it moved, but I'd guess it's not more than .020. I suppose it could grow if it was used a great deal.

if you run, you just die tired

It's not that life is so short, it's that death is sooo long!

Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Your faithful dog

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote