Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

woodleigh bullet
 Login/Join

posted
i reload the 9,3x62, i have cronoghrafathed my cartridge and i have see, that the Ballisti tip 250, are faster than RWS KS 247, but i use ugual brass, ugual amount of powder, and ugual primer. i think that is different the friction in the barrel because this bullet have different jacket material. What do you think?
the woodleigh bullet 250 grain would be faster or no?

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
My prediction would be that the Woodleigh would be similar to the Balistic tip but there are variables even with the same (igual) powder, brass and primer. The Woodleighs might be of slightly different diameter, might have a longer or shorter bearing surface and the seating depth will likely be different. You'll just have to chronograph the Woodleighs to find out.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used the 250BT a great deal, but I have not had the opportunity to use the 250 Woodleigh or RWS. I would expect the Woodleigh to be an excellent bullet based on my experience with their 286 RN bullet.

I compared my data for 286gr Woodleigh, Nosler Partitions, and Barnes solids, and the Woodleigh was a bit slower than all of the other bullets with comparable powder charges.

As mentioned by Grumulkin, it is probably the difference in bearing surface between these bullets. I don't think the Woodleigh would be faster than the Nosler BT because the BT has less bearing surface that the Woodleigh, and has a more aerodynamic shape.

I have used the 250BT for a lot of different animals and it has killed everything I have shot with it quite well. It is a very tough bullet and holds together very well for a BT type bullet. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote