one of us
Picture of Flip
posted
Who makes the best dies or at least is best value for money

Posts: 931 | Location: Nambia | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have tried RCBS, Lee and Forster dies and I much prefer Forster. Tron

Posts: 210 | Location: Oslo, Norway | Registered: 04 October 2002Reply With Quote
<Reloader66>
posted
Wilson, Redding

<John Lewis>
posted
Ditto Reloader66

one of us
posted Hide Post
Definitely Redding dies. Have tried dies from RCBS, Lee and Hornady in addition to Redding. The Redding dies are mirror smooth inside and are very easy to adjust. The Hornady dies are surprisingly good too though.

Posts: 71 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of OldFart
posted Hide Post
I like redding, but I tend to go with RCBS because I'm so impressed with their customer service.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Until 2 months ago I had 20 sets of Lee, 10 sets of RCBS, and one set of Wilson.

I thought all dies were about the same.
Then I got some Forster dies and a concentricity gauge.

I just ordered some Forster Ultra and Lee collet dies, for calibers I already have dies for.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used only Lee, Redding, CH4D, and RCBS and I have to vote for Redding. They are all good but the Redding stands out. Later.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just got a CO-AX press so bought some Forster BR dies they are better than the Lee, & RCBS that I have. It's hard to beleave their could be a better seater die. Forster #1

Posts: 132 | Location: western New York | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Redding, RCBS and CH4D.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am also in the Redding camp but like the bushing dies. [Smile]

Posts: 36 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
FLIP I USE LEE SPEED DIES AND I DO BELIEVE THEY ARE THE BEST FOR THE MONEY. I MAY GET SOME FLACK FOR SAYIN IT BUT FOR A SINGLE STAGE PRESS SPEED DIES ARE HARD TO BEAT [FOR THE MONEY].

THE 2ND AMENDMENT PROTECTS US ALL..............

one of us
posted Hide Post
Redding over RCBS

Bob257

Posts: 434 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
<Frank>
posted
If you want the best Neil Jones Period! Then redding / wilson. Lately through I have had problems with every Ackley FL die from redding. They are to tight or the die is to short. No problem they fixed them after I sent them some cases.

one of us
posted Hide Post
posted 12-30-2002 22:50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Howdy,

First, let us assume we are talking about "screw-in" dies and not straight-line hand dies.

Second, let us all agree that even the cheapest, crookedest, worst finished set of dies out there can still make fairly decent "blasting" ammo.

Third, my assumption is that you are talking about "accuracy" dies.

It has been my experience that Lee, Lyman, Hornady, C&H, RCBS, Redding, Herters, and Forster/Bonanza dies all can make decent ammunition. My favorite dies because of ease of use in making "accurate" ammo are Forster/Bonanza. Redding ranks a close second, with a virtual tie between Lee collet and C&H dies for third. My least favorite dies are Hornady, and the most WARM FUZZY FEELINGS come from using those old, OLD Herter's dies.

There it is... for what its worth.

Coach

Posts: 114 | Location: near Abilene, Texas | Registered: 04 September 2002Reply With Quote