Find
Notify
Tools

Wife wants to learn reloading
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
You could have knocked me over with a feather.

We were downstairs putting away all of my purchases from Grafs and the wife said how hard is it to learn to reload. I said not hard you just need to take care. So she asked me to teach her to reload. She winked and said since she was 7 years younger she might need to take over someday. Eeker

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
You could have knocked me over with a feather.

We were downstairs putting away all of my purchases from Grafs and the wife said how hard is it to learn to reload. I said not hard you just need to take care. So she asked me to teach her to reload. She winked and said since she was 7 years younger she might need to take over someday. Eeker

tu2 Good ole Colorado gal ! beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Careful, She might be running an intelligence operation.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While my wife has never shown a interest in reloading metalic cartridges, she has loaded a literal ton of 12ga ammo

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ramrod:
You better keep that girl around. She's a rare find. dancing dancing

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
You better keep that girl around. She's a rare find

That is a fact. Took me a second try but just had our 11th anniversary. Great to have someone that loves to shoot and hunt just as much as I do.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
My wife of 24 years has just this past year shown any interest in shooting, loading and hunting

She's a keeper also

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine just this summer got a job working in a hardware store that sells more guns and ammo than hardware. She told me it was time I teach her more about the hobby and has decided that it is also time she gets her carry permit and starts shooting more!

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite

Posts: 631 | Location: SW. PA. | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love this line!

Hope for your sake (and of course the rest of us living vicariously through you) that it isn't too good to be true.....

I would have to say such initiative on her part should be well rerwarded Smiler

Cheers,

Dan

Posts: 430 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 02 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Use your wife for preparing the brass and as she progress, let her help with the priming. Thereafter ensure that your marraige is on a good standing before allowing her to through the powder charge!

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hope for your sake (and of course the rest of us living vicariously through you) that it isn't too good to be true.....

rotflmo

When I met my wife 13 years ago she said she had always wanted to learn to shoot and hunt but her dad told her girls didn't do that. So 13 years later she had taken a number of elk, deer, hogs and been to Namibia and can't wait to get back. Almost to the point of needing her own safe.

She has always been interested in reloading but while I had retired several years ago she was still working 12-14hr days door to door. So now that she has retired she has TIME on her hands.

Based on how she approaches everything else I see her with a notebook and a step by step sheet for every cartridge we reload.

Right this sec she is watching DIY and reading my Nosler manual for a second time. No just the reloading pages but the histories on our various cartridges. She was wondering the other day if I knew if I could scan some of the pages to load to her Kindle. When I have my heart surgery in a week or two she will have plenty of downtime to read.

Yep a keeper.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K