Find
Notify
Tools

Any 150gr RL 19 loads for .300 RUM ????
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted
I'm trying to develop a load (see .300 RUM budget blaster) with Nosler 150 Ballistic tips and RL 19. This powder showed great promise while firelapping this rifle. I got a 1.75" 10 shot group with a firelapping load. My first two attempts today at a real load were a dismal failure. I got 3"-6" groups, depending on whether the muzzle brake is on or off. I guess I should mention it's a Savage 112ss with adjustable muzzle brake. TIA.

bowhuntr [Wink]

[ 10-11-2002, 04:20: Message edited by: bowhuntrrl ]

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
RL-19 really isn't a suggested powder for the .300 RUM and 150's.

I would suggest AA-8700 From 102.6 grains to 114.0 grains with Remington 9-1/2 primer.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
What are your velocities?

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
I haven't checked any velocities yet, I don't usually do that until I start to get some kinds of groups. We've been socked in by rain for a couple of days now, so I can't get to the range. I did throw another couple of loads together to try and I will chrono these !!! Also, in case anyone wants to know, RL 19 is only fractionally faster than RL 22. There are lots of loads for RL 22, and I've even found quite a few with RL 19.
http://www.accuratereloading.com/300rum.html

bowhuntr [Wink]

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote