New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady Progressive reloaders
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone used or had experience with the Hornady progressive reloaders for centerfire hangun and rifle cases?

Posts: 1261 | Location: Rural Wa. St. & Ellisras RSA | Registered: 06 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Dyno>
posted
JJHACK,
I bought one when Midway had them on sale a while back maybe three years ago. I set it up and gave it a good look over and then sent it back and bought a Dillon 650. What I did not like was loose play in the ram,poor casting particularly on top. I also did not like the way the lock&Load dies are held in place on the press,they use an o-ring to hold the dies in position. It actually very smooth but like I said I was disappointed and sent it back. I like Hornady products and wanted to give the lock&Load a try,if it had been as good as the rest of the Hornady products I've I would be using it today. I am not biased toward Dillon Products as the 650 was my first progressive,prior to this I was using a RCBS-A2 purchased in 1964.
Best,Dyno

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Projector I bought back in the '80s. Had it overhauled after an amazing number of rounds. Still use it for 5.56. It looks as if it spent some time on a battlefield, but still gets the job done. I had a SD and a 550. The original SD wasn't designed to swap calibers, so I bough the 550. Wasn't happy because it didn't have auto-indexing. Sold it and bought the Hornady. A while back I lucked into a deal on a 650 with casefeed. I consider the Hornady my Chevy truck, while the Dillon is my BMW 850.

Eddie