Find
Notify
Tools

Stupid chronagraph!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of PoppaW
posted
So I shot the 7mm WBY 150gr load and it was a bit faster than expected as it was 0.5gr under max. Then I shoot the 300 WBY 150gr load that is at max and it was at the same speed, using 20gr more powder. Stupid chrony. Back to the bench...

WOODY
Everyone is allowed an opinion, even if its wrong.

Posts: 419 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 10 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sometimes muzzle blast will effect the readings. Back off another 10 feet and look for a change.
Good luck!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PoppaW
posted Hide Post
My chrony just reads the last # if you are too close and it picks up the blast. I had that with my 338Rum and a 378 in the past and had to move back. Some guns move the chrony if you don't anchor it too! Lots of fun over the years but havent shot one yet!!!!

WOODY
Everyone is allowed an opinion, even if its wrong.

Posts: 419 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 10 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
I had to set mine back like 15 feet when shooting my 257 wby. I blew the screens off the chrony. I thought I had hit it, but no, just "blasted" them off.

It was definitely an "uh-oh" moment there.

wave

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PoppaW,
Maybe the 300 bee doesn't like the barnes bullets as much as the 7mm. stir Maybe try a different bullet hmmmm.......let's say possible NOSLER. knife

You don't have to be the best shot....Just the last shot.

Posts: 126 | Location: Peace River, Alberta | Registered: 27 May 2007Reply With Quote