Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.218 Bee
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone load for the .218 Bee? I plan on using Hornady's 35 gr. V-Max and the Sierra 40 gr. HP's.

Posts: 15 | Location: Rockbridge County, Virginia | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
For the 35's:
Lil'Gun From 12.0 grains to 14.0 grains
Winchester WSR Primer

For the 40's:
Lil'Gun From 12.5 grains to 14.0 grains
Winchester WSR Primer

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't load the Bee but it approximates the Hornet plus a little. The 35 gr bullets have the aerodynamic qualities of a brick. The 40 gr VMAX and Nosler Ballistic Tip are good bullets for all .224 bore rifles, more so for those that are capacity challenged such as the Bee and Hornet. You might want to try Li'l Gun in the Bee as it generates good velocity with low pressure. I experienced wild velocity spreads with the 40's however and had to settle on 45 gr weight bullets. This experience is common but not universal; I suspect neck tension or OAL but was unable to resolve the issue. Good luck.

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
I used to reload .218 Bee for a Win. M43 and a Browning M 65. However, I always used heavier bullets than yours (50 and 55 grain).

one of us
posted Hide Post
I also reloaded for the 218. Mine was built on a martini. I actually found the Sierra 52 HPBT match to be an excellent round.
One of my all-time favorites.

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use Hornaday 40gr V Max, 13.3gr H110, Rem 7 1/2BR primers, OAL 1.835". I use this load in a Ruger #1. Half inch @ 100yds is common.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote