New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester Action Pistol Powder
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Friend of mine and I did some trading and ended up w/ about 10lbs of WAP powder and understand that it is loaded for 45ACP, but can't find any data on it and wanted to be able to use in 45 Long Colt as well. The Hogdon web site is not showing WAP and curious if there is any data out there available?? All help appreciated.

martin

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's in the Hornady manual #7.

It's also on the winchester powder website.
http://www.wwpowder.com/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Nathan 1,
Thanks for the feedback. I see it now under Winchester's label of Action Comp. Again, thanks.

martin

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Be careful there MFD, if you mean their new AutoComp, I wouldn't interchange the data. WAP was discontinued several years ago, nothing I've read about AutoComp has said they are the same powder.

Look through older manuels for data for WAP.

Persevere

SotG

Posts: 5 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 06 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Son of the Gael,
Agree wholeheartedly with you. Will do some more research prior to loading. I have been making inquiries about this powder prior to any actual loading. You are correct, never pays to take a chance with any reloading operations. Thanks for the reply.

martin

one of us
posted Hide Post
WAP is now Ramshot Silhouette. You can use Silhouette data if you cannot find WAP data.

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I aquired some not long ago that had been sitting on the shelf for a while. I don't know what they call it now - I do know that it was discontinued a while back.

I got my load info right out of the Hornady #7 which is the current book I believe.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WAP is a great powder for 38 super.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote