Find
Notify
Tools

Forster Press question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted
With the closed yoke handle design of the Forster co-ax function with tall seater dies such as micrometer topped seaters?

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rapidrob
posted Hide Post
Yes, it will. The only standard caliber dies that can be a problem are the very old wide dies.

Gulf of Tonkin Yacht Club
NRA Endowment Member
President NM MILSURPS

Posts: 448 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 28 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forster Co-Ax presses built in the last 10-15 years have a larger/longer yoke on the lever arm to clear tall dies.

Ones built before that had no problems with Forster micrometer seating dies, but other brands were sometimes too tall.

Andy

Posts: 315 | Location: Arlington TX | Registered: 21 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
5.850" from the bottom of the lock ring to the top of the micrometer on my micrometer dies

I just can't see that the co-ax has enough to clearance in the yoke to pass over my dies

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's a tall die...

What cartridge? and die model/mfg?

My co-ax has a barely over 5" from bottom of lock ring to yoke where it passes over.

Andy

Pray, Vote, Shoot, Reload.

Posts: 315 | Location: Arlington TX | Registered: 21 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
oh, but mine is the older one, I think...

Andy

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
I have both the old and new version on my bench. Give me a day or two and I will give you the measurements of the new style. I use lots of micrometer dies but that one of yours seams long.

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing the only seating die that long, for a normal cartridge, would be a Hornady New Dimension seater with the Hornady Micrometer adjustment screw.

Andy

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Good guess....correct