Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speer bullet boxes
 Login/Join

posted
Just in case I am not the last person to discover this; the foam in bottom of several boxes of Speer bullets had either started to or had degraded to the point of corroding the bullets in contact with it. I lost about two dozen .243 bullets and just completed salvaging 100 .375 Grand Slams.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
throw them in the case polisher

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
throw them in the case polisher

I did, then wiped the rest off with a rag.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just checked an open box of Speer BTSP .308" bullets on the shelf and the box had no foam in it. Maybe they got the hint and quit putting foam in them.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shoot, after about 40 years the whole box disintegrates.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hogfarmer, I don't think these new plastic boxes will disintegrate in a million years! I should find out if they are recyclable.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote