Find
Notify
Tools

.300 Lapua Magnum. (.30/338 Lapua Mag.)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello.
Can anybody tell me what velocity I can expect with 180grs., and 200grs. bullets in this Wildcat??
I THINK it will duplicate the velocities of the .300 RUM, and maybe a bit more??

(and if not, one can always improve the case a bit [Wink] )

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Arild

Ken Howell's book indicates that the 300 Lapua mag is a CIP standard cartridge. Last month I had a thread going on the BIG BORE forum about some of the Finnish wildcats and we mentioned the 300 Lapua mag. Somebody said that the Vihtivuori loading manual has data for it. He didn't specify which edition. I have their first edition, but it is currently MISplaced!!

the_captn

Posts: 238 | Location: earth | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
try to go to www.longrangehunting there is some shooters they use it , I prefer 300 RUM that les costly case , no needgiant action , and you have far enought water capacity to lanch 30 cal at the speed of the light , there is some improved design of the 300 RUM too

Note original chamber design is not a real accuracy design

good shooting

DAN TEC

Posts: 267 | Location: France | Registered: 27 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Load data available at http://stevespages.com/page8c.htm

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
VV loading manual # 3 has data for this cartridge. It shows 185 gr bullets at 3215 fps and 200 gr bullets at 3133 fps, max. If you want some info from it just ask. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote