New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accuratereloading.com's Reloading Pages
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I really enjoy comparing the different cartridges and velocities in the tables on the Reloading Pages section of this site. I was wondering if there are any plans for expanding and/or updating those tables?

I also like reading the history behind the cartridges and their performace on game so if there are any other sources like this on the net, I would appreciate them. Thanks.

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nebraska, I'm sure Steve is around here somewhere. Hope he does'nt mind me posting his site for him.
Here's a wealth of info and reading.

http://www.stevespages.com/page8.htm

enjoy,
*Nut*

Posts: 268 | Location: God's Country, East Tex. USA | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nebraska:
I really enjoy comparing the different cartridges and velocities in the tables on the Reloading Pages section of this site. I was wondering if there are any plans for expanding and/or updating those tables?

Nebraska the new version of Accuload expands their database of cartridges from 405 to over a 1,000...many new wildcats that you and I never heard of, I'm sure. Also, all of these entries have full drawings and dimensions. Many with narratives.

One of the main men at Accuload (Ed) is a nut for wildcats and cartridges and if he had his way every cartridge that's ever gone bang would be in the program...and given enough time he may even get this done! [Eek!]

As I have suggested elsewhere, Accuload is worth the cost for all the tremendous databases alone. IMHO It's like getting a great firearms reference book free with a great reloading program. [Smile] Free is good! [Smile]

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Vibe
posted Hide Post

Posts: 211 | Location: Little Rock, AR. USA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Evening Vibe,
Like you, I enjoy the Haas Ammo Guide. The price is absolutely perfect, too. In fact, I contributed the data on the .224 Boz, but that was quite a while back. I downloaded the newest version today to see what was new in the zoo, so to speak, and received 132 cartridge dimensions. The on-line version has 200. The underlying reason for this email is not to discourage it's use nor disparage it's ability, but to urge a simple caution and that is the cartridge dimensions are put in by a gob of different users (myself included) and the dimensions may be a little below the exact mark. This is even true of cartridges that are current in SAAMI or CIP.
It's still a very nice program and Mr. Haas is very skillful with programming his graphics (wonder if he's looking for work...hum-m-m).
Regards,
Ed

Posts: 235 | Location: Ladson, SC, USA | Registered: 02 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Vibe
posted Hide Post
All true, BUT, and this is a biggie, I'm quite sure that if and when a cartrige is submitted multiple times with dimension variations, each and every one would be inputted with an appropriate disclaimer written in. There are quite a few wildcats tht have evolved to represent more than one set of dimensions, where else could a novice find any reference to these discrepancies? I have MY wildcat listed on the site as well. It's the 22 Epperson Cricket. And I plan on submitting the 22 Epperson Super Cricket and the other wildcats I form from the 5.7x28FN case. I plan on the 22 ESC case to be the same 0.615 length as the 25ACP and the 22LR, but with the 0.310 diameter of the 5.7mm case. the other wildcats have not had names applied yet.

Posts: 211 | Location: Little Rock, AR. USA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good morning,
I didn't know it was you Mr. Epperson. Good to hear from you again. Your cartridge in already in version 2, as you know. Have the dimensions changed?
Regards,
Ed

Posts: 235 | Location: Ladson, SC, USA | Registered: 02 April 2002Reply With Quote