New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 PPC brass?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone know where I can get Norma 6.5 PPC brass? I understand they've quit making it. Thanks

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Never heard of it. I've heard of their 6mmPPC and 6.5-.284 brass, but not what you're asking about.

George

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often, but by all means, use enough gun!

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Bob,

I searched a few of the relaoding shops on line, and couldn't find a one with 6 PPC brass. There is 220 Russian available from Lapua, which could be necked up.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, Conley Precision Ammo tells me they quit reloading the 6.5 PPC because Norma quit making the brass. I was hoping to find some of this Norma brass because it has the correct headstamp. Quality Cartridge says they can load this one with the correct headstamp but their minimum is 500 rounds and will probably cost over $400.00. I know I can use 7.62 X 39 or 6 mm PPC and neck up or down. But being short on time (I will only have two weeks in June to work up loads and test) and wanted the headstamp I thought I would try to find the Norma. Again, thanks. By the way Paul, Conetrol makes bases that fit the 527 dovetails. They answered my email this morning. I'm going with their "Custum" bases and rings.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Bob,

Thanks for the update, I'm anxious to hear how your rifle turns out. I didn't realize there was properly headstamped brass out there. I wasn't concerned about the headstamp issue, but it would be kinda nice to have some if it is available.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul, I'm trying to get the site for the Old Western Scounger. Fred Flintstone on the CZ forum told me he might have the Norma. If I don't find it by this weekend I'm going to order some 6 mm PPC and get my son to neck it up for me so it will be ready when I get there in June. Trying to do a project like this from Mexico is a little different that just being able to pick up the phone. U.S. 800 numbers don't work from here. I'll keep you posted.