THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Accurate Reloading get-together NE, IA, SD, KS, ??......members???

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accurate Reloading get-together NE, IA, SD, KS, ??......members???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm from Omaha, NE and was wondering what members are in my area. Would an "AR" get-together interest anyone? Shooting, swapping stories, and putting faces with names sound fun to me.

If this sounds like a good time to you, PM me your contact info and we can start setting something up.

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm in St. Joseph Missouri, just down the river, I would be interested.

Posts: 363 | Location: Missouri Ozarks, USA | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Depends on when, but it might just be fun. I live essentially in KC. St Joseph is very do-able.

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You KNOW I'm in....we really need a private range part so we can play with all our toys...Maybe you can talk the boys fro AAA into bringing out som 50 BMG's for a little fun....

R

Posts: 648 | Location: Huskerville | Registered: 22 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it could be a good time. Also with me it does depends on when, planting time will be here soon...

I'm 35 miles se of Omaha.

Posts: 192 | Location: Mills County, Ioway | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh, and one other thing Nebraska. Do you think you folks in Omaha could shut your lights off at night from now on? You leave an annoying glow in the night sky.

Posts: 192 | Location: Mills County, Ioway | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would be up for it. OH and muleshoe go out at night and put the rabbit in distess call in your mouth and start squakin. Them lights are like night vision especially with a little snow on the ground. I use to do it here in lincoln just on the city limits until it got developed. Made for some good huntin!!!!!

Posts: 49 | Location: Lincoln,NE | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys. Please send my your contact info via PM or e-mail so I have a means to contact you if this takes off. Also, please include a good time to call if you have irregular hours(like me).

one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent!

Posts: 49 | Location: Lincoln,NE | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've received Matt and Muleshoe's info. I have Roger's info and I'm pretty sure that BillinNE will want to join in too. It'll be fun to see this develops.

As far as locations go, I'm thinking we wait and see where everyone's from and pick a "best spot" for a get-together based on the best mix of travel-time and location quality. A range/area to shoot sounds like good prerequisite. Any thoughts on accomodations? Campground? Hotel? Tee-pee? [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nebraska.....if you ever do a get-together sometime around mid-summer to early fall , I might be able to make it . My wife would enjoy visiting friends and family around Omaha .

I will be sure to bring along a 1.5 MOA rifle for the long range competition .......... [Big Grin]

Posts: 1660 | Location: Gary , SD | Registered: 05 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I' sending ya a PM with my contact info. Get-together or not, let me know when you'll be in the area and we can hook up. We can do some range-time if you have a while or lunch if you don't! [Big Grin]

<Gunnerdog>
posted
I'm out by Grand Island, NE and would be interested if the timing is right. Keep us posted!

Shooting both bullets and bull would be fun...

I'll PM you.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Will do. I'll pop this BTT as often as I can so we can get as many responses as possible.

posted Hide Post
Nebraska, R19 is in OhmyGod,NE. Lifelong sentence. ENGC member,are you?

Posts: 1 | Location: U.S | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What the heck, I'm might be able to make it, I live in Hampton, IA, and hour south of Albert Lea, MN. Let me know when and where, I'll see if I can come. Our first child is due in 8 weeks, so it might be a pretty full summer, but we'll see...
Yardbird

Posts: 332 | Location: Upper Midwest | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sounds good. sent you a PM. i am also an ENGC member and a member of the bellvue rod and gun club

[ 03-11-2003, 04:44: Message edited by: nicshorse ]

Posts: 52 | Location: omaha | Registered: 01 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WHERE MIGHT THIS LITTLE GET TOGETHER BE?? I'M JUST SO OF FT DODGE IA. SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD TIME ESPECIALLY IF IT'S AT A RANGE SOMEWHERE.

THE 2ND AMENDMENT PROTECTS US ALL...........

one of us
posted Hide Post
Time and place are up to the group. The bigger the group, the harder it will be to schedule but it's not like we're on a time frame. Anyone have suggestions for a good location that would allow for lodging(tent/motel) along with a range/area to shoot?

Here's a few for starters:

Eastern NE -
If the group isn't too large(I'm thinkin' ~20 members), we could stay in Omaha and do our shooting at the Eastern Nebraska Gun Club. I'm a member there and could work out an arrangement with the club for us to use the range. There's a 600 yard range, 100 yard range, pistol range, and trap area so we should have plenty to do.

Middle of NE -
If you want the great outdoors feelin'....to the West of Omaha, we have the Nebraska Nat'l Forest(sandhills with pine forest in the middle). It's a fairly unique and beautiful area with a good coyote population. It's big enough to get lost(~93,000 acres) and would be a great location for camping during the Spring/Fall. It'd be a fairly long haul for some though.

Lincoln NE -
We'll ALL just stay with RogerinNeb and shoot at his local range!!! He's King on his smoker so feeding us shouldn't be a problem. There's lots of room behind his house for tents too!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] What'ya think Roger???? [Big Grin]

What ideas/opportunities do you guys have for your area???

[ 03-11-2003, 06:29: Message edited by: Nebraska ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
LINCOLN SOUNDS GOOD. PLEASE KEEP US POSTED.

THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.....................

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm from sw iowa just 1 hour from Omaha. What would this get together be for. Just adults? Would any kids be allowed? Cory

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

You know I'm game for the BBQ part! Iv'e done that pork you sampled for over 100 folks once! Did I mention that the secret to the spice rub is a combination of AA2230 and garlic powder?

Lincoln is OK except Izaak Walton is only a 100yd range.

What about Pella, IA and talking to Gordy about the 1K range? Might be too far (to drive, not shoot!) for some folks from say, western SD or KS..

Actually, your range is probably the best setup if we can organize it there. Folks could camp at Mahoney st. Park (about 25 minutes from the range) and there are also cabins there for rent. Cabins can be hard to come by depending on when it is. There are a couple of inexpensive hotels/motels nearby too.

It's a new state park and considered one of the best in the country.

[ 03-11-2003, 07:25: Message edited by: rogerinneb ]

Posts: 648 | Location: Huskerville | Registered: 22 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good idea. They could camp at Louisville Lakes right by the range or stay in several area motels too. If it is around Omaha, the members coming in from out of town could make it a "get-away" for the whole family. Henry Doorly Zoo is a world-class zoo and there's lots of shopping and things to do in the area(Mahoney has a water-park, horse-back riding, bike trails, etc. and the SAC(StratCom) Museum is right next door. Is the Omaha area a definite "No" for anyone? If so, lets hear some suggestions.

After we get some more suggestions on locations, we can start fine-tuning lodging opportunities and dates.

[ 03-11-2003, 07:59: Message edited by: Nebraska ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Any place is fine by me. Did yo get my PM? A get together sounds like fun. On that Smoking rub I prefer red dot, those winchester powders give me heartburn.

Posts: 363 | Location: Missouri Ozarks, USA | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ed,

If you sent it to me, try again. I don't have anything for ya. Thanks.

<TimB99>
posted
Let me know where and when. I'm a Husker by birth (UNL grad BSME in 1983!) and still have family in Omaha. A trip to visit Mom that includes a bit of shooting at the range, might be a fun weekend.

Tim

posted Hide Post
Been lurking around here for awhile, nice site. I live 90mi East of Omaha and would enjoy a get together with other AR members, the best part would be doing some shooting maybe have a friendly competition shoot.

Posts: 5 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT.....Don't forget to PM or e-mail me your contact info!! [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT for some more replies. We currently have 8-10 members interested in the get-together. Should be a fun time. [Big Grin]

[ 03-19-2003, 11:01: Message edited by: Nebraska ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
ANY MORE DETAILS ON THIS AR RONDEVOUS??

THE 2ND AMENDMENT PROTECTS US ALL...........