one of us
Picture of Alaska Bush Man
posted
In the 300 Win Mag what COL are you using with the 168 TSX???????thanks

and your favorite load?

Jeff
North Pole, Alaska

Red Team 98

Posts: 523 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't have the data for COL handy, but I load 79 grs of RL 22 over a Fed 215 primer.

Thus far, I have loaded this very accurate load in Rem cases. Sadly, it is a bit hard on the brass. I'm hoping Win cases will prove more resilient. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to reduce my charge a bit - which would be sad considering how well it shoots with 79 grs.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I amloading mine at 3.544, in my rifle(a sako AV) that is .015 off the lands.

BTW, the max load in the new data in the copper club website for the 168 gr TSX and reloader 22 is 75 grs I believe. I am running 75.5 at just under 3200 fps from a 24 inch barrel. I am getting 5-6 loadings from a RP case. 79 might be very well over the prescribed pressure. Barnes previous manula listed 79, but just about every load the powder loads are reduced.

Posts: 475 | Location: Moncton, New Brunswick | Registered: 30 August 2003Reply With Quote