Find
Notify
Tools

22 TCM??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted
Anybody here reloading the 22TCM? I traded a 9mm pistol I didn't want anymore for one of the RIA bolt action rifles and have brass and bullets already and a set of Hornady dies on the way.

Steve...........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1839 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rapidrob
posted Hide Post
I've been reloading the cartridge since it first came out.
40 grain bullet:
9 grains 296
max load 10 grains 296.
The first time you shoot it you will be amazed. Sounds like an M-80 going off. No recoil. Very accurate and will punch through a 1/4" steel plate at 50 yards.
Brass flies all over the place and can be hard to find.
The round falls into the same category as the .22K Hornet and the .218 Bee.
Very few bullets can be used due to OAL.
Also have fired the rifle. Lots of fun as well.

Gulf of Tonkin Yacht Club
NRA Endowment Member
President NM MILSURPS

Posts: 448 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 28 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Fortunately mine is the rifle version. If some are too long to go through the mag I'll just single feed them. I have some H110 which is the same as your 296 so that will be my first try WHEN my dies get here. I also will try Lil'Gun and 2400. What primer are you using? Most people are using small pistol but a couple of people I converse with use small rifle, I plan on using small pistol.

Steve.........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
USAF Veteran

One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
On Ammoguide's website there are 4 loads for the TCM 2 are out of 16 inch barrel AR-15 Carbine and 2 out of handguns. 35 and 40 grain bullets using Lil'Gun were fired from the AR.

According to the developer of the loading data, both were hot loads. According to QL his 40 grain bullet was in the zone (safe) but his 35 grain load could be worked up a little more.

If I were to work up a load for the TCM using 35 or 40 grain bullets and Lil'Gun I would start with loads around 8.5 to 9 grains and work up from there. Remember that it doesn't take much Lil'Gun to move you into the danger zone. QL info for the developers 40 gr. Bullet load of 12 grains = 31,108 psi but add just 1 grain, 13 grains = 39,682 psi. P-Max for the TCM is 38,000 psi.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i'd be a bit careful with lilgun. i love it in hornet and k hornet but in 17 ackley hornet it proved to be very erratic, to much so to use

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up on Lil'Gun, been there done that as they say. I know from past experience when you get to warm loads it only takes a 'smiggen' to get real hot real quick with Lil'Gun. I have been using it ever since it came out in the 357 Maxi and my 357 B&D.

Steve........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
USAF Veteran

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if CFE Pistol can be used in the 22 TCM?

Steve.........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
USAF Veteran