Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&B brass
 Login/Join

posted
bought some s&b ammo in .303 for my enfield the other day.

hows the quality of the brass, as far as reloading goes? will it last thru multiple resizes (im only gonna be neck sizing for this gun though)? does it separate easily? etc.

One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
I have been using S&B 303 brass for a while for my cast bullet loads .
I use a recut die that ONLY touchs the neck .
I anealed the necks before the first reload .
I have been using the same 100 for several years and 10-12 reloads .

I found my #1 mk 4 has plenty of extra room in the chamber , so if I FL resized I would work the brass a lot .

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of glockmeister71
posted Hide Post
I've used it in pistol and rifle loads with no problems.It seems like decent brass.

Posts: 145 | Location: Knoxville,TN. | Registered: 12 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Sometimes S&B's specs are a bit different than American made brass. I have some 7x57s that will not fit the RCBS #3 shellholder...just started loading on a Co-Ax so that problem went away. Have yet to see how many loads they'll do. I shoot only 175s at 2400 fps so they should last well if they're worth a dern.

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Have used it in .223, pistol calibers, etc. when I was stationed in Belgium. Still have some and it seems to have the same life as any of the US companies.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To my disappointment I've found 7.62x54r and 303 S&B brass to have primer pockets that are too shallow for LR primers.

----------------------------------------

If you waste your time a talkin' to the people who don't listen
To the things that you are sayin' who do you thinks gonna hear
And if you should die explainin' how the thing they complain about
Or the things they could be changing who do you thinks gonna care

Waylon Jennings

Posts: 329 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 19 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Krochus, I don't know if the brass is worth the time for you, but too shallow a primer pocket is one of the few things you can rectify. A primer pocket uniformer (Sinclair, K&M etc) and some elbow grease should do the job. But as I said, I don't know if the brass is worth the extra trouble for you?
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote