New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5x54 Mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Who is reloading for this caliber and where are you getting bullets?

Thanks

Posts: 1319 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mannlicher?

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that not the same as the 6.5x54 Mannllicher Schnauer?

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
Hornady makes .264 and .268 160 grain RN bullets.
Look on Inet wholesale spots for both.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by impala#03:
Is that not the same as the 6.5x54 Mannllicher Schnauer?

beerNO! shockerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The original loading took a .261dia bullet,,probably why the OP is asking for a source.

Some recent sources just list it as a .264 dia bullet most likely an assumption going by the 6.5mm.
..and I'd guess no small number of .264d bullets have been reloaded and fired in the caliber by their owners.

Other than a custom die to size bullets from .264d to .261d , I don't know of anyone making them that diameter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
6.5 x 54 K Mauser
not to be confused with the 6.5 MS

use 270 case and full size but need to turn neck down to fit. Some use 275 Roberts cases ? Dies are available from various sources.

Not a true 264

DWM case # 457 A
Bore = 6.44 mm = .253
Groove = 6.64mm = .261 inches

If the gun is a original Mauser then this would be the barrel spec Usually a Type M Mauser

this little gun shot a itty bitty bullet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Add another to the list of cartridges I was ignorant of.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me". John 14:6

Posts: 232 | Location: Northern Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 13 February 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not know about the 6.5x54 Mauser either. You learn something new every day, if you pay attention.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by impala#03:
I did not know about the 6.5x54 Mauser either. You learn something new every day, if you pay attention.

For those who fall into this category I would strongly suggest getting " Cartridges Of the World " manual. Literally a ton of great information.I had one of the first additions when it first came out. I now have edition 12. Do yourself a favor. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 6.5X54 Mauser is a short cartridge which was developed for the "kurz" action commercial Mauser rifles. It is practically identical with the .260 Remington (3.29cc vol/50.86 gr. water vs, 3.51cc vol./54.23 gr. water), the main difference being a longer neck.

Evidently there is some variation in bore diameter, so a chamber cast/ bore slug would seem prudent. Sizing .264" bullets down to .261"-262" would be no problem with a Lee Precision bullet sizer.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
No - totally different case & not interchangeable.

The Mauser cartridge would also be a higher pressure load.

quote:
Originally posted by Fury01:
Hornady makes .264 and .268 160 grain RN bullets.
Look on Inet wholesale spots for both.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Degol still makes bullets in this caliber but they are WAY expensive. Too bad Delsing died...good cup and core bullets at a very good price. Maybe Corbin is the answer.

Posts: 1319 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote