Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ultrasonic cleaner problems
 Login/Join

posted
I just bought a ultrasonic cleaner and tryed it with not good results.i put 3 cups of distilled water and 3 cups of white vinegar and couple drops of dawn dish soap.did 3 cycles of 480 sec and after that the cases were still dirty.then put a little more dish soap and put it for anotheer 480 sec.after that the water was so dirty that i couldn't see the brass.but when i removed the brass they were stain looking.blue and purple stain looking.then drained water and refilled with 6 cups of water and 96 grains of bakeing soda for another 480 sec .far way from being shiny brass.what am i doing wrong.thank you forgot to mention that the cleaner has a heater and i was using that to

Posts: 9 | Location: northern new brunswick | Registered: 05 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Use a cleaner designed for an ultrasonic. Magic Green and PROsonic are what I use in the shop. I use water straight from the tap and no vinegar.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My only current problem with US cleaners is that I can't find a sucker in the neighborhood to buy mine--and the leftover chemicals and the oil..................

If the enemy is in range, so are you. - Infantry manual

Posts: 494 | Location: The drizzle capitol of the USA | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
I use the Hornady or Lyman solutions. The active ingredient is mainly citric acid and they work just fine in my Lyman unit. It’s possible that your unit isn’t working right.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote