New
Find
Notify
Tools

243win, sierra 100gr and RL22
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Powder supplier was out of H4350 so I thought I would try some RL22 in my 243 with 100gr sierra gameking BTSP.

I don't have a Sierra book - generaly I just look in Nosler, Speer and Hornady and work sensibly. Speer doesn't have data for RL22 in the 243 and there is a wide disparity twixt Nosler 42.5gr max and Hornady 45gr max.

This is a long winded way of asking if someone could look at the sierra book for me for this bullet and powder and also if anyone has any experience of this powder/bullet combination.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Why not just call Sierra and ask them? They are very helpful.
peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HiWall
posted Hide Post
Just checked my Sierra Infinity Suite - no info on RL22 or WXR for the 100gr .243 bullets.

Posts: 323 | Location: Back Home in Aus. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alliant booklet shows 41.7 gr as max with 100 gr bullets.

I would also use a CCI 200 primer, not any WLR or Hot primers.

Start low adn work up.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote