Notify
Tools

.375 Weatherby Loads Wanted
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted
Gentlemen,

I am interested in your favorite loads for the .375 Weatherby using the 265 and 300 grain GS Custom, and the 300 gr Barnes TSX. My powder is H-414.

I realize some are sensitive to publishing their loads, as such, I should say I am not interested in max loads. If you have one that is a bug-hole maker, that's the one I want.

I have my ZKK-602 back from Jim Brockman, and I want to put together some good rounds.

Thank you!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
75 to 76 grains W 760 (= H-414) worked okay for me with RHINO 350- and 380-grainers. Had to try something different with Woodleigh 350-grainers as the bullets would seat themselves far into the case due to recail in magazine.

Does it have to be H-414? The max load for W 760 and 300-grainers in Real Guns data is 75.8 grains. I have found max .375 H&H loads to be good starting point for .375 Wby Mag loading.

http://www.realguns.com/loads/375.htm

Posts: 4885 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
I have extremely limited availability of powders.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
For the .375 Wby Mag, Barnes Number 2 Manual goes up to 81 grains for their 300-grainers and H-414. The Brownell's / Real Guns page I gave you says more about GS (with which I have zero experience). I don't think H-414 is a "pet" powder, hence no bug-hole loads. You'll have to use your reference manuals and draw conclusions on what you'd like to try. Lee manual for Hodgdon powders says 76 grains H-414 for .375 H&H

My rifle loves the 4831's.

Posts: 4885 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote