Find
Notify
Tools

Speer Trophy Bonded Bear Claw Bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted
Can someone tell me what the deal is with the TBBC bullets? Speer is now making them but nothing is listed on their website. And Federal loads them in their premium ammo line. Is there any difference since Speer took them over? What are your results with them regarding performance and accuracy?

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have no experience with the new ones.

But, I have used them in several calibers in the past for hunting.

Their accuracy is good for hunting, and their performance on animals is great.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68798 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used the new and old with a 375 AI, and the newer design (with grooves) is more accurate than the old design (without grooves).

TBBC should perform equivalent to the North Fork design.

Regards, AIU

one of us
posted Hide Post
TBBC is my favorite when a "premuim" bullet is required. If Federal/Speer doesn't release them to the reloader market, I'll have to find something else. Wake up Federal/Speer. Give us what we want.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Wife and I have shot a lot of animals with the older lead tipped TBBC 165gr Federal Factory loads. She used them in Zim with perfect results on zebra and wildbest.

I have also used the Federal factory load with the older 200gr lead tipped TBBC on elk at @100 yards, and at @425 yards and on a couple of red fox at 300 and 350 yards and they worked excellent. I recovered bullets out of the elk and from one of the red foxes [out of the snow], and they all had perfect expansion, even the one out of the fox. The one from the 100yard elk did eppand a little farther back.

It is one of my most favorite hunting bullets.

I have not tried the newer tipped TBBC bullets.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote