Find
Notify
Tools

Nickle Brass ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of RugerNiner
posted
I did a search on Nickle Brass and only came up with answers on Rifle Brass. How about Pistol Nickle Brass?

I can get 500 pieces of 40 cal nickle brass for $5.99.
Does it reload just as good as Brass?

Posts: 35 | Location: Lancaster, Pa | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Yes, and in my case feeds better, plus that is an insane price!

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really don't care for it in rifle cartridges, but have used it for straight walled handgun rounds and it workds just fine. And at $5.99/500, I'd be stocking up.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
It works well in my 45-70, but that is sort of like a pistol cartridge...never tried it in a bottleneck cartridge except factory BSTs.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RugerNiner:
I did a search on Nickle Brass and only came up with answers on Rifle Brass. How about Pistol Nickle Brass?

I can get 500 pieces of 40 cal nickle brass for $5.99.
Does it reload just as good as Brass?

Nickle plated brass cleans up with litle or no effort at all and is not hard on dies as some may think. It is a soft plateing only about .0005 thick. It works great in leather belt loops as it doesn't "green" up over time.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use nickel in both rifle and pistol and I like it. If you have two similar sized cartridges having one nickel and one brass makes it easy to sort. Never had a problem with them scratching dies and the other horror stories I have read.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
With handguns you are usually using carbide dies.
Nickeled cases clean up well and cannot scratch the carbide die.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use quite a bit of nickel brass, primarily for inentification. I have a number of guns in duplicate cartridges, so I shoot nickel in one gun and traditional brass in the other. I have had no problems with nickel.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2649 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote