THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5-06AI loads?? anyone have a good one??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a 26" barrel (approx size of Sendero barrel) with an 8 twist. I have a box of the 142gr SMK's and some 120gr BT (why he purchased those I have no idea). The rifle has no more than 150rnds down the tube. Anyone have a load that has worked for them?

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know they are not barn burners, but try 53.5 grains of either IMR or AA4350 behind the 120 Ballistic tip. Mine are super accurate (read 1/2" or less) and easy on the rifle. I don't know how yours will do. Mine is a sporter weight 24" Douglas with a 1:9 twist. This is my deer load. None have taken more than a step or two regardless of where they were hit. They chrono at 3000fps gove or take 5fps.

If I need to go faster, I have a 264 Win Mag.

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you larrys, I will load them up and try them. No reason to toss them when they will take a deer.

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am a 6.5 nut and have had a 6.5-06, I have a custom 6.5-06 AI, and a custom .264 Win Mag. I can say this without any reserve, get yourself some RL25, this goes well with the 120`s. I won`t quote charge weights due to the long throating of my chamber. I am just trying to get things worked out on the new .264 but can say that with 140`s that H1000 is working well, H5010 was accurate but I think I stopped short of max. So much to do.

Posts: 370 | Location: Memphis, TN. U.S.A. | Registered: 24 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tim, I have both powders on the shelf, and I will try them out in the future.