THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    winchester JHP bullets for target shooting/reloading

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

winchester JHP bullets for target shooting/reloading
 Login/Join

posted
anyone using winchest JHP in there 44 mags for plinking/target shooting @full loads ?, im loading up th 296 and cci 350 primers,I have factory 270 gold dots for my hunting,looking for a decent bullet for plinking/target with out the expense of the upper end jacketed bullets,winchester bullets seem ok,( not interested in cast bullets) anyone have a thought on this?? mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used these on roo's with good results. I load the 240 JHP in front of 25 grains of AR2205. I shoot them in my Marlin 1894p. I may get to shoot pigs with them this year as well. They really splat roo's.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
well week #2,and still my local gun shop has no winchester bullets,speer,serria,in 44 cal,however they did get in some hornady #4420 240gr JHP, they had only 3 boxes on the shelf,and now they are on my shelf,lol, I use alot of horady bullets in other rounds, I just got geared up to load 44 mags,now I have everything i need to start up.

I'm using 296 powder,350 primers,and the horady bullets

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Super,

I have also used the Nosler Bulk packs of 240 gr JHP's I just can not determine wetehr there a little harder or softer than the winchesters. The worked out at a pretty good price as well.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote