<heavy varmint>
posted
Trapdoor,
I resemble that remark [Big Grin] [Embarrassed] [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JT:
You guys may already know this but it looks like Hogdon has bought IMR.It is apparently a done deal. JT

Time to lay in a supply of IMR-7828 for the 7mm Remington.

What's good for a 6mm-284? I have been using H-4831, wonder if there's anything better among the IMR stuff.

Posts: 14589 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
Curious to see the lovefest with 3031 ... I thought it was just me who used it for everything from dishsoap to dogfood!

I'm hedging my bet like some others have posted, and laying in a stash of 3031, 7828, 4064. No telling what unexpected developments await down the road a couple years.

I understand the Hodgdon family is good people and I wish them all the best.

Cheers!

Redial

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of C. A. Plater
posted Hide Post
From Hodgdons web site:
quote:

IMR has been the mainstay of numerous handloaders for many years. The IMR brand product names remain and are now supplied by Hodgdon. �IMR is manufactured in the same plant with exacting performance criteria and quality assurance standards that Hodgdon users have come to expect,� said Tom Shepherd, President of Hodgdon.

Hodgdon has no plans to consolidate the lines from either company. We feel that they both have unique (excuse the wording) features and advantages. We will continue to supply the IMR products unchanged from their current manufacturing plant. We look forward to doing more aggressive marketing and updating some of the IMR data etc. We hope that you will continue to use our products and appreciate the business that you have given us in the past.

We are currently out of printed IMR data manuals. In the mean time you can get the data at the following link: http://www.improvedmodernrifle.com/safe.html

Posts: 181 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama | Registered: 21 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C. A. Plater:
From Hodgdons web site:
quote:
We are currently out of printed IMR data manuals. In the mean time you can get the data at the following link: http://www.improvedmodernrifle.com/safe.html

I always thought it was "Improved MILITARY Rifle." Don't tell me Hodgdon is already confused. [Confused]

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some marketing genius thought of that. But "Improved Military Rifle" is what it originally stood for, all right.

Posts: 424 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 28 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeh, yeh, all the IMR powders are going to stay the same, right, what have they been smoking?

I second the metal can verses the plastic. What if someonw starts making plastic gun barrels? And yes the IMR can is a heck on a lot more space efficient, at least om My shelves.

Well I've already ordered in a stout supply of my favorite 3031 am thinking of doing the same for 4320 as I'm getting ready to start working up loads for My 458 Lott as It's just about done.

As an aside, anyone got any good loads for 500 gr. pills in 458 Lott? I mean besides RL7? I DO lurk here quite a bit ;-)

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote