New
Find
Notify
Tools

H.S. Precision Rifle
 Login/Join

<Mike M>
posted
Has anyone had any experience with an H.S. Precision rifle?

posted Hide Post
Mike,
I have a Winchester M-70 7mmSTW built by H-S Precision. The test target shows a 3-shot group measuring 0.1326".

Do you think I'm happy with it?

George

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often, but by all means, use enough gun!

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know a smith who had a couple specialty barrels made there- and both were poorly done.

I called once with some questions about a barrel and the 'lady' in customer service couldn't get me off the phone quick enough. "We're just too busy for that" so she said. Wonder if they are now?

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All I'll say is there is a reason why most countries and law enforcement agencies have not choosen H-S

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Speedy>
posted
I had an HS Take-down rifle that shot like you wouldn't believe. It was a true 1/4 MOA rifle. I sold it to a guy that wanted it REALLY bad. I'm having another one built as we speak. I really love their actions.

The worst part about the deal is they are kind of un-organized around there and it takes a while to get your gun.

They sure shoot though.

------------------
Pausing to reload,

Rick

Never volunteer. Trust no one. Expect sabotage.

posted Hide Post
DanD,

What would that reason be?

George

------------------

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
<Mike Anderson>
posted
All that I can say about HS precision is positive. I have several of their stocks , I have sent one back for a repaint , wanted a different color. I've never had a problem.

I haven't tried one of their barrles because I'm happy elsewhere.

Their rifles are advertisd with a good guarantee and with my experience I would expect them to stand behind them.

There's my $.02!

<Bill>
posted
A friend of mine has shot one of their rifles and swares they are wonderful. Other then that that is the only ositive thing I have to say about them.

Their customer service blows. Talk about getting the run around.

Funny thing is my fried and I both got the exact same BS story about our products.

Last thing I want is an expensive gun froma customer that will want nothing to do with you when their gun does not work because they already have your money.

aladin- I am pretty sure the lady tat gave you the run around was Janet. she was the one spewing lies to my friedn and I.

I will never do business with taht company again. I will take it elsewhere where tbhey appreciate my money.

FYI- I bought a stock in praire grass camo and it looks like ass, nothing like the catalog. I would send it back, but who knows when I would see it again.

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 12-23-2001).]

<Taylor>
posted
Regarding Hs accuracy for 0,5 moa that is
B.s.

posted Hide Post
I don't know, guys. I've never gotten anything but great customer service from H-S.

When I needed a question answered, they did so quickly and honestly. When I needed extra bolts, they sent them right out (at no charge).

You all must have terrible phone manners

George

------------------

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike M:
Has anyone had any experience with an H.S. Precision rifle?

their stocks are great,if they will sell them to you. i wanted to buy a win. classic short action stock, they make them for themselves to put on their high dollar rifles but wouldn't sell me one . i used a McMillan stock instead works great. while i'm at it, have you noticed all win. factory heavy brl. rifles are pushfeed actions.

------------------
redrum

Posts: 1 | Location: purcell,ok.u.s.a. | Registered: 25 December 2001Reply With Quote
<Bill>
posted
George,

As a fellow New Yorker I am almost certain your phone manners aren't much better then mine when you compare them to one of the polite states (that would be the other 49) .

Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 12-26-2001).]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Can't comment on thier rifles but their stocks and customer service are complete ass. I ordered a stock specifically for a Winchester M70 .375 and was promised delivery in 3 weeks. In order to get it shipped I had to make several phone calls. Most calls I was hung up on, or promised a return call and never got it. Yes that was "Janet". There was always a new excuse why it was not ready.

Over 3 MONTHS later it arrived. It didn't fit. The barrel channel was not for a .375. Several more calls. Finally the service manager said it had to be fitted for the .375 barrel, of course for an additional charge. Remember I specified this barrel size.

I took it to a reliable gunsmith who opened up the barrel channel in the stock and bedded it with the compund which H-S provided. The rifle shot worse that before the new stock.

In addition, there is no gripping surface to speak of on their stocks, other than what contacts your face. So under the recoil of firing, you lose your grip and get a roughed-up cheek. In fairness, their stocks might work better on a .22 rimfire or .22 Hornet.

I would never order another product from them. A savvy bechrest shooter subsequently told me that H-S is known to stand for "Hunk a Shit". He also said their takedown rifle is nice, but the rest of their products and service are garbage.

Posts: 380 | Location: America the Beautiful | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote