New
Find
Notify
Tools

95 Moly coated berger VLD in 6mm vls
 Login/Join

<ss8541>
posted
Does anyone shoot these/ What is a good load?
Thanks,
Vince

One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
Which 6mm cartridge are you referring to? I shoot Bergers in my varmint rifles with excellent results. My 6mm Rem and my 6-.284 shoot them very accurately. Since you are considering heavy for caliber bullets, make sure you have the correct twist in order to stabilize the bullet.

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<ss8541>
posted
the 6 mm Remington, lss, varmint with a 1-9 twist.
Vince

<Eric Leonard>
posted
mine actually liked the 105 vld better than the 95.the 105 with a caseful of 7828 or the 95 with rl22.the 105 shoots a smaller group according the farther you go.500 yard 3 inch groups with the 24xbr and jewel trigger aint surprising.

<ss8541>
posted
Thanks Eric. How much powder where you using, and do you know how fast the bullets where going? I will of course work up to what ever load you give me.
Thanks,
Vince

<Eric Leonard>
posted
the 95 with rl22 was 49 gr,i cant find the targets for that load but the 105 and 49 gr 7828 was going 3035 with a b.c. of over .500.nice load but if your looking for a heavy match bullet load for the money try the 107 sierra with 7828.they will fly from a 9 twist at that speed.them bergers are nearly twice as high as the sierra for no gain at least in my gun.