posted
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money...li=BBnbfcL&ocid=iehp

That would put a dent in your budget ! faint

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats totally redonkulous! shocker

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Million bucks a shot? WOW, and some guys whine about the price of premium reloading bullets that cost a buck each.

Yep. quit whining! LOL

Still shaking my head,
Zeke

one of us
Picture of OldFart
posted Hide Post
If everybody wasn't hoarding the primers, powder, and projectiles, the cost would go down to $900,000

one of us
posted Hide Post
4 billion a ship? A million a shot for ammo? What the hell is wrong with this picture.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW! Along with the expen$ive toilet seats, and outrageously priced hammers...this may be a real bargain! But aren't projects like this supposed to have been researched and cost-accounted death, only to have somebody say "WHO knew"? Confused

Posts: 117 | Location: Utah | Registered: 31 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yea... I read that crap on yahoo news this morning... why not make 100,000 dollar rockets and shoot more

Posts: 1137 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's Bush's fault...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
Had to pay for Obamacare somehow.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
32 ships were planed. Cost overruns ran up to 4 billion per ship. They cut back to 3. To be so far off in the initial estimate is incompetence writ large. Guys, this is our money we are talking about.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nopride2:
Guys, this is our money we are talking about.

Yes it is/was our money and it makes me a little sick. I even get more ill when I think about how hard I work and then see my money go to folks who WON"T work. Obviously there are folks in need and we have a civic and moral obligation to help them IMHO.

Who knows? maybe we can get a few things changed since we have a new POTUS..... and hopefully for the better, hopefully!

My 2 cents,
Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vines:
yea... I read that crap on yahoo news this morning... why not make 100,000 dollar rockets and shoot more

Agree. Just use a regular missile from inventory.

Posts: 187 | Location: foothills of NC | Registered: 03 August 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They developed a special round with newly designed guidance features and it's also rocket boosted in flight for extra range, then they only make 2000 of these rounds total. It's the old story of having to put the development cost of something into the individual price of each unit, drastically increasing the price. The first 2000 rounds are a million a piece, if they ever go back and make more then it will be for the real price of the rounds, not the individual price plus the development cost.

Posts: 421 | Location: Broomfield, CO, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nopride2:
4 billion a ship? A million a shot for ammo? What the hell is wrong with this picture.

Dave

I will tell you one thing that is wrong with it. What if WWIII broke out?? How long would it be before the entire country was spent out of ammunition?? And how would they possibly keep those things supplied? New technology and amazing capabilities are nice, but DAMN!! Sherman tanks were cheap and plentiful!

AK-47
The only Communist Idea that Liberals don't like.

Posts: 10174 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Joe from So. Cal.
posted Hide Post
I think Tomahawks are a million bucks a copy. A side by side comparison would be interesting.

Posts: 7725 | Location: Peoples Republic Of California | Registered: 13 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1 million per round, each round sinks a ship worth 1 billion. Pretty good deal but I'll bet Trump can negotiate it down a little.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DannoBoone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZekeShikar:
A Million bucks a shot? WOW, and some guys whine about the price of premium reloading bullets that cost a buck each.
Zeke

That's cheap! My premium muzzle loading bullets are 2 bucks each, but they look like they belong
in a 50 BMG case. Big Grin

Posts: 565 | Location: Walker, IA, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With Quote