New
Find
Notify
Tools

.300 Winchester Magnum/180 grain bullets/RL25
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know I should just break down and go buy several of the new manuals with data for the "newer" powders, but I have gotten cheap I guess with the availability of information available here on the web.

For those that have followed my workup with my .300 Win Mag with 180 grain Swift Scirocco II's you know that it has been a long road but I am finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel so to speak.

However, before I finish up I have to try RL25 to see if it can and will do any better than H1000. I just keep trying to get the holy grail of 3,100+ fps and sub m.o.a. accuracy.

In so doing, I have an unopened can (1 lb) of RL25 that I got for my B-Day that is calling to be used. What I am in need of is some of the starting and maximum loads that are listed in the various manuals containing information for said powder and bullet weight.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Re25 is the best powder for my 300 WM with 180 gr. bullets. I like 83 grs., which is max for my gun. Alliant likes 82.3 grs as max.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tread very carefully with R 25, as they "mis-canned" some Rel 22 into Rel 25 cans.

I have a lot of Rel 25, which is so fast, that with 73 gr, I get over 3,000 fps, which is Rel 22 data.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry,

Did they do a recall on it? If so, do you know the lot number? How long ago did this happen?

The lb can I have is very recent.

Thanks.

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They did not do a recall. In fact when I told them about it, they deny it happened, but when I load the same laod of Rel 22 and Rel 25,I get the same velocity and pressure signs, what does that tell you?

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote