Find
Notify
Tools

Butch's bushings
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
WinkAm in the middle of making 22 PPC cases from 7.62x39 cases of different manufacturers. This is about my third time down this trail.
holycow Little expo here; Fiocchi brass is about .005" bigger in head dia. than any of the others and will not fit in my chamber.
oldBeen using Butch Lambert's bushings for some time now. On this project they have really proved their worth. I feel lucky to have gotten a set before he stopped making them. Thanks , Butch. beer roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
while you're in the process of making 22 ppc brass i probably shouldn't mention going into an old gunshop last month and buying a bag of 50 normas for $3.95 should i Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
while you're in the process of making 22 ppc brass i probably shouldn't mention going into an old gunshop last month and buying a bag of 50 normas for $3.95 should i Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

tu2 Good on ya.I got Norma 22ppc brass . The reforming of the 7.62 x 39 is just something I wanted to do for shits and giggles. Just another toy and some experience. How do you use the 22PPC? beer roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
mine is in a remodeled 1878 sharps borchert, great PD round, and the crows don't think much of it either. I made most of my brass out of remmy/umc 762x39 brass. one more reason to be gleeful about finding some norma cheap

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote