New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burningrate on blank powder ?
 Login/Join

<+P>
posted
Hi I have got a couple of hundred wood bullet blank ammunition ( 7,62*51 ) lying around, and wondered if anyone would know what the approx burningrate on the powder will be .
The powder is a stick powder with a olive green color , the granules are 0,0178 inch( 0,45 millimeter ) thick.
And the blank cartridge is loaded with 31 grains.

Anders �sterberg

one of us
posted Hide Post
Super fast...........but a metal bullet in front of it and the rifle falls apart, maybe pieces of you too!! Carefull.

Posts: 813 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 02 November 2000Reply With Quote
<Paladin>
posted
Years ago, the ordnance books say that the blank-powder was used in hand grenades and worked well.

On a technical basis, blank powder for noisemaking blanks is much faster then Bullseye pistol powder.

<Eric>
posted
Don't do it. Powder is relatively cheap, blank powder is very, very fast, and you only get the original issue of body parts.

I read something years ago that most strongly stated that the use of blank powder in loading projectiles was a REAL BAD idea.

------------------
Surely we must all hang together, for separately we will all surely hang.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just to add a thought. If you put Blank Powder behind ANY projectile, you WILL maim or kill yourself. PERIOD.
Don't even think about it.

------------------
Jay
"For God and Country"

Posts: 282 | Location: Mid-Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: 26 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
+P,
I'm sorry that I don't know hyperlinking, but if you search "catsneeze", take the Gunwriters option and scroll down to the discussion of powders, you will find blank powder being used with bullets for nearly silent loads, Cat Sneeze.
Regards from Darkest California,
Ross

Posts: 159 | Location: Oroville,California,U.S.A. | Registered: 14 May 2001Reply With Quote
<+P>
posted
Hi again
Okay superfast was the word, then I will do
pipebombs of it instead ( with a long fuse )

Thanks for your help.

A.�

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
I use this powder (from blank 7.62x54 and 7.62x39) for pyrotechnic purposes only, it work great in "flare hurler" . If you will remove bullet and put fuse in it and seal it, you will get small fragmentation grenade

Only usability for shooting is to use it for expanding bullets (cavity filled with it and small primer on it)

Posts: 2072 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Paladin>
posted
Well, all right, confession-time: I sometimes use just a little tiny amount, less than a grain, to make .32 "CB Cap" loads for what some call "parlor-shooting" or "salon-shooting."

No, dammit: for saloons I use a slower powder and a heavier load.

Paladin