Find
Notify
Tools

375 H&H & TBBC experience
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents:

Does anyone have loading/field experience with the 250 gr TBBC in 375 H&H?

Thanks,

Jeff

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not loaded the TBBC, but have great success with NorthFork 250 softpoints. The NF is a VERY similar design. I would take a look at using H335. Starting load 65gr, max 68gr, COAL 3.600, 215primer,Remy case. 68 is a max load for a TBBC, the NF will take a bit more to develop similar pressure and velocity will be higher. Unless you already have the TBBC bullets on the shelf, you might take a serious look at NorthFork.

Good Luck

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got 100 of them and have IMR 4350 as well as IMR 4064. Can I use these?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of the guys at the local shop where I trade uses them exclusively in his .375H&H for everything except dangerous game and raves about them. He recovered one from a Zebra a few years ago, and it looks just like you'd expect. I don't know the load he's though.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMR4350 Start 79.0gr=2705, max 83.0C 2823

IMR 4064 Start 69gr=2713, max 73.0 2835

The above data is from Speer Reloading Manual #14

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
many thanks, drew!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had the most consistent results using RL-15 powder in all loadings for the .375 H&H Mag using 235, 250, and 260 grain bullets. The TBBC bullet is as good as it gets; it's a damn shame they are no longer available to reloaders. The Speer Manual shows min. load of 72.0 grains and the max load of 76.0 grains of RL-15 when using the 250 grain TBBC bullet. That will kill anything one will ever find anywhere except Africa, where solids are used on Elephant.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Bill.

Posts: 259 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 27 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks, bill. i just got 100 on sale from midway. you'd feel confident using them on a big, stinky, rutted-up bullwinkle, then?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, They will lay Mr. Bullwinkle flat on his butt. If the TBBC's don't shoot good in your rifle, send me an email at wrt45@cox.net. I'll buy any remaining TBBC bullets from you.

As an aside, the best shooting 250 grain bullet in my rifle is the Sierra GameKing. I can shoot 1/2" groups with it over 72.0 grains of RL-15 all day long. That bullet in this rifle is the most accurate firearm I own, and I've got a lot of them. It is my only consistent 1/2" shooter.

Regards,
Bill.

Posts: 259 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 27 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks, bill. i'll let you know in about 1.5 weeks if they shoot or not.

J

one of us
posted Hide Post
TBBC is one of my favorites. Never tried the 250 version but have shot lots of stuff with the 300 and never found them wanting in any way. Spent some time trying to recover one from an Australian buff and finally gave up but he was DRT. I use H4350 in my old 375 and have been very happy with the results on paper and in the field.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks pancho.

go right through roswell on our way to artesia when we hunt quail.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
jsl3170,

PM sent on 10/18/11 concerning possible sale of your .375 TBBC bullets.

Regards,
Bill.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsl3170:
thanks pancho.

go right through roswell on our way to artesia when we hunt quail.

Well hope you're not planning to come this year. Been so dry that I don't expect much quail hunting this year.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that's what I've heard. prolly won't hunt as my FIL is, regrettably, battling terminal cancer.