Notify
Tools

Frankford Arsenal Hand Priming Tool
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted
QUICK REVIEW:

I bought the Frankford Arsenal hand priming tool from Cabela's as they offered 10% off, free shipping which got the price to $49.99.

I used the tool for the first time today. It is very quick and easy to change from small to large primer rams. The tool comes with 12 shell holders which allow you to prime most cartridges (the case has three more spots for if you get more shell holders). The shell holders slip in and stay put for operation.

The tray sets primers up with a quick shake ready to use. It also has a cut off so primers stay in the tray while inserting or removing tray from tool.

The adjusting dial has positive clicks preventing depth movement while in use. I started by backing off ram then adjusted dial to get the seating depth I desired.

The tool is very well made with good tolerances. It allows for fast priming operation. I really am pleased with this tool, it's quality and cost value.

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 865 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
I have worn out a couple of the lee hand primers years ago. too much squeeezzz
I have had to change my method because of carpel tunnel.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dukxdog:
QUICK REVIEW:

I bought the Frankford Arsenal hand priming tool from Cabela's as they offered 10% off, free shipping which got the price to $49.99.

I used the tool for the first time today. It is very quick and easy to change from small to large primer rams. The tool comes with 12 shell holders which allow you to prime most cartridges (the case has three more spots for if you get more shell holders). The shell holders slip in and stay put for operation.

The tray sets primers up with a quick shake ready to use. It also has a cut off so primers stay in the tray while inserting or removing tray from tool.

The adjusting dial has positive clicks preventing depth movement while in use. I started by backing off ram then adjusted dial to get the seating depth I desired.

The tool is very well made with good tolerances. It allows for fast priming operation. I really am pleased with this tool, it's quality and cost value.

Dux,
I just bought the same tool. Have not had a bunch of time to use it yet, but I do like it so far. Seems to be a well built tool.

Posts: 794 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great review! I've had mine for 6 months or so and have used it in 5 or 6 reloading sessions. I finally have a priming tool that I can seat a primer to the exact depth I want, usually .004/in for most cases. It is a great little hand primer and well made.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.

Posts: 383 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 24 December 2011Reply With Quote