New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who is using Vit N160 for 270Win?
 Login/Join

<Dutchgus>
posted
I want to develop a load for 270Win and a 150 grains Nosler Partition using N160. It seems to me that the loading data published by Vihtavuori are pretty conservative.
Has anyone got experience with this combination of bullet and powder?

BTW I know that powders like IMR4381 would do a pretty good job, but for me Vihtavuori is easier to get hold of.

<Reloader66>
posted
Have tried that powder in my 30-06 and have not finished testing to tell. It shows promise with some loads to retest. Give it a try you may just find it works great for your 270.

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Menander>
posted
Hi

I load 150 grain Hornady Interlocks with 51 grain using Norma brass and 160 grain Lapua Mega with 52 grain using Remington brass. Both very accurate (15-20mm).

Please note : The Rem. brass is app. 5% larger than Normas and not as uniform !

Menander

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have only used VV 160 in a .30-06 thus far, but I was able to load somewhat above the factory recommendations (compressed load) and stay within acceptable pressures. It seems pretty close to IMR 4350, but I DO NOT recommend attempting to interchange data.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Don Krakenberger>
posted
I checked quick load and it said that 56.0 of 160 would give 55,000 psi. DO NOT take this info as a sure bet--I love quickload but, I only use it as another cross reference to loading manuals etc. Hope this helps in your endeavors!!
PS--if you have access to re 22 this is a fantastic powder for that application--start at 56.0--you should/may be able to work up to 58.0.

<Dutchgus>
posted
Thank's to all of you for the info. I will do some tests starting with 49 grains and working up.