Find
Notify
Tools

Gunwerks "custom" ammo
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BCJames
posted
I would like to re-create the Gunwerks custom load for 30-06. Does anyone know the powder, charge, length, tolerances etc that they use???

Posts: 133 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 09 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well on the site it says they use the Berger 175 grain VLD.

I'm sure that the load is tailored to the individual rifles they sell when they do the development. If you want accuracy, you are going to have to do the development yourself for your particular rifle; it won't be the same load that they sell more than likely.

I think there is a lot better hunting bullets than the Berger that you can use in your '06.

Why do you want their ammo?

P.S.

It's funny. I was on the page where you can order a rifle with all of the options. I chose all of them and the price of the rifle, load development, accessories came to $9600.00 without tax...

shocker

One of Us
Picture of BCJames
posted Hide Post
You would think that for the price that the load would be rifle specific, but the fellow at their booth in Reno told me otherwise. Apparently the load is general and works pretty well in the rifles as they produce them. They seem to get some fantastic velocities and performance with their loads...but I'm not sure what powder/charge they are matching with the Bergers.

Posts: 133 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 09 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rcamuglia:
Well on the site it says they use the Berger 175 grain VLD.

I'm sure that the load is tailored to the individual rifles they sell when they do the development. If you want accuracy, you are going to have to do the development yourself for your particular rifle; it won't be the same load that they sell more than likely.

I think there is a lot better hunting bullets than the Berger that you can use in your '06.

Why do you want their ammo?

P.S.

It's funny. I was on the page where you can order a rifle with all of the options. I chose all of them and the price of the rifle, load development, accessories came to $9600.00 without tax...

shocker
Damn.... you should get free ammo.. bsflag

Posts: 155 | Location: mississippi | Registered: 24 January 2008Reply With Quote