Find
Notify
Tools

.40 S&W with 220gr cast
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted
Does anyone have a load for the 40 S&W with 220 grain cast bullets. I prefer to use Unique powder, have bunches of the stuff. Will be shooting em in a Beretta.

Thanks and God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't help with the 220, but I can tell you that I got anemail from Hodgdon yesterday that said they do not recomment lead bullets, or provide loads for tham at all in 40 S&W. I personally think the 220 may be too much for the 40, but I could be wrong.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
Just tried a few outside the basement door. Seems ok with the 220 cast and 5 grains of Unique so far. Loading a little longer than book though. Mine were 1.360 and still fed OK. Didn't want to compress the charge and this is as long as my mags will allow. Will test them some more tomorrow in daylight when I can find some fired brass. Didn't chrony any.

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote