THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Best reloading manual to cover 404j, 300 H&H and 6.5

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best reloading manual to cover 404j, 300 H&H and 6.5
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm starting up again into reloading after about a 15 year hiatus, and need to build a reloading library again (and it's Xmas so I can get someone else to pay for it;-). The caliber I need covered is the 404j, my other calibers (30/40, 300H&H, 6.5x55 and 303) are contained in most manuals. So I’m looking for one or two manuals to start with that Jeffery AND those other calibers. I’d like to explore cast bullets for the Jeffery and the 30/40—so cast info would be a bonus.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ronn

one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Lyman has cast bullet data in their manuals. The 404 though is going to be a bear to find in a common manual....IITC the A-Square manual "Any Shot You Want" has some jacketed 404 Jefferies data.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you are pretty much on your own w/ the 404j. A-sq has a small amount of data. Your best bet are the guys here that reload a lot of 404j. As always, you need to work your loads up anyway. I like the Speer manual for general handoading. I seem to get results closer to my own with it.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote